CITY OF MOUNTAIN BROOK
BOARD OF ZONING ADJUSTMENT
JANUARY 16. 2018
Due to inclement weather this meeting has been postponed to Thursday, February 1, 2018, at the times noted below.
PRE-MEETING: (ROOM A106) 4:15 P.M.
REGULAR MEETING: (ROOM A108) 5:00 P.M.
CITY HALL, 56 CHURCH STREET
MOUNTAIN BROOK, AL 35213
- Approval of Minutes: November 20, 2017 (meeting of December 18, 2017 cancelled due to lack of quorum).
- Case A-17-45: Jason Avery, owner, requests a variance from the terms of the Zoning Regulations to allow a screened porch to be 27 feet from the rear property line (east) in lieu of the required 30 feet. - 23 Spring Street. (revised and carried over from November 20, 2017)
- Case A-17-47: Clint Waggoner, owner; S&S Development Company, agent, request a variance from the terms of the Zoning Regulations to allow a new single family dwelling to be 64 feet from the rear property line (south) in lieu of the required 100 feet. - 2603 Abingdon Road.
- Case A-17-48: Chan and Anna Cox, owners, request a variance from the terms of the Zoning Regulations to allow a screened porch to be 36.9 feet from the rear property line (southeast) in lieu of the require 40 feet. - 3239 Pine Ridge Road.
- Case A-17-49: Tison Barganier, owner, requests variances from the terms of the Zoning Regulations to allow a rear yard addition to be 26 feet from the side property line (east) in lieu of the required 40 feet and to be 90.4 feet from the front property line (Pump House Road) in lieu of the required 100 feet. 2840 Pump House Road.
- Case A-17-50: Martha Hollings, owner, requests variances from the terms of the Zoning Regulations to allow an addition to an existing detached accessory building located in the primary front yard (Old Leeds Court) in lieu of the requirement to be to the rear of the principal structure. -3524 Old Leeds Court.
- Case A-17-51: Susan Nasca, owner, requests variances from the terms of the Zoning Regulations to allow additions to an existing single family dwelling to be 26 feet 8 inches from the secondary front property line (Pine Haven Drive) and 28 feet 10 inches from the rear property line (north), both in lieu of the required 35 feet. - 2956 Pine Haven Drive.
- Next Meeting: Tuesday, February 20, 2018
Any variance which is granted today expires and becomes null and void one year from today unless construction is begun in less than one year from today on the project for which the variance is granted. If construction will not be started within one year from today, the applicant may come back in eleven months and ask for a six-month extension, which the Board normally grants.
Any variance which is granted, regardless of the generality of the language of the motion granting the variance, must be construed in connection with, and limited by, the request of the applicant, including all diagrams, plats, pictures and surveys submitted to this Board before and during the public hearing on the variance application.
|Click link below to download the meeting agenda information packet. Open the downloaded file in Adobe Acrobat® to access bookmark and document word search features.|
|Agenda packet |