CITY OF MOUNTAIN BROOK
BOARD OF ZONING ADJUSTMENT
JULY 17, 2017
PRE-MEETING: (ROOM A106) 4:30 P.M.
REGULAR MEETING: (ROOM A108) 5:00 P.M.
CITY HALL, 56 CHURCH STREET
MOUNTAIN BROOK, AL 35213
- Approval of Minutes: June 19, 2017
- Case A-17-25: Luke and Anna Evans, owners, request an appeal of the application and interpretation of the Life Safety and Fire Codes which require any new construction within 5 feet of a side property line to be sprinkled. -128 Elm Street (carry over from June 19, 2017). At the request of the applicant, this case has been removed from the agenda until further notice.
- Case A-17-26: Mr. and Mrs. Brent Barringer, owners, request variances from the terms of the Zoning Regulations to allow additions to an existing single family dwelling to be match existing first floor improvements 9.6 feet from the side property line (north) and 11.8 feet from the side property line (south), both in lieu of the required 12.5 feet. -14 Spring Street.
- Case A-17-27: Mr. and Mrs. Taylor McElory, owners, request a variance from the terms of the Zoning Regulations to allow a screened porch to replace an existing uncovered deck, 10.6 feet from the side property line (north) in lieu of the required 12.5 feet. - 101 Camellia Drive.
- Case A-17-28: John and Pamela Selph, owners, request a variance from the terms of the Zoning Regulations to allow additions to an existing single family dwelling to be 10 feet 3 inches from the side property line (west) in lieu of the required 15 feet. - 3861 Cove Drive.
- Case A-17-29: Debbie Drummond, owner, requests a variance from the terms of the Zoning Regulations to allow the addition of an outdoor fireplace to an existing rear yard screened porch. The fireplace is proposed to match the existing rear setback of the screened porch, 25 feet from the rear property line in lieu of the required 40 feet. - 26 Pine Crest Road.
- Next Meeting: Monday, August 21, 2017
Any variance which is granted today expires and becomes null and void six months from today unless construction is begun in less than six months from today on the project for which the variance is granted. If construction will not be started within six months from today, the applicant may come back in five months and ask for a six-months extension, which the Board normally grants.
Any variance which is granted, regardless of the generality of the language of the motion granting the variance, must be construed in connection with, and limited by, the request of the applicant, including all diagrams, plats, pictures and surveys submitted to this Board before and during the public hearing on the variance application.
|Click link below to download the meeting agenda information packet. Open the downloaded file in Adobe Acrobat® to access bookmark and document word search features.|
|Agenda packet |