Board of Zoning Adjustment (BZA)
|2016-Nov-21 BZA Agenda
CITY OF MOUNTAIN BROOK
BOARD OF ZONING ADJUSTMENT
NOVEMBER 21, 2016
PRE-MEETING: (ROOM A106) 4:30 P.M.
REGULAR MEETING: (ROOM A108) 5:00 P.M.
CITY HALL, 56 CHURCH STREET
MOUNTAIN BROOK, AL 35213
- Approval of Minutes: October 17, 2016
- Case A-16-19: Mr. and Mrs. Grantland Rice, owners, request variances from the terms of the Zoning Regulations to allow an addition to a detached garage to match the existing rear setback of 4.8 feet from the rear property line (east) in lieu of the required 40 feet; and to allow the construction of a new single family dwelling which, taken together with the garage addition, will result in a lot coverage of 29% in lieu of the maximum allowable 25%. – 47 Greenway Road.
Extension from May, 2016
- Case A-16-47: William J. and Langston S. Hereford, owners, request a variance from the terms of the Zoning Regulations to allow a second floor addition to an existing single family dwelling to be 14.3 feet from the side property line (northeast) in lieu of the required 15 feet. - 3813 Glencoe Drive
- Case A-16-48: Julia Compton, owner, requests a variance from the terms of the Zoning Regulations to allow a retaining wall (ranging in height from 4 to 7.5 feet) to be within 15 feet of the front property line (English Village Lane) in lieu of the required 35-foot front setback.
- 2218 English Village Lane
- Case A-16-49: George Ladd, Ladd Real Estate, owner, requests a variances from the terms of the Zoning Regulations to allow the construction of a new elevator shaft and lobby to be 24 feet from the front property line (Office Park Circle) in lieu of the required 40 feet. - 2 Office Park Circle
- Next Meeting: December 19, 2016
Any variance which is granted today expires and becomes null and void six months from today unless construction is begun in less than six months from today on the project for which the variance is granted. If construction will not be started within six months from today, the applicant may come back in five months and ask for a six-months extension, which the Board normally grants.
Any variance which is granted, regardless of the generality of the language of the motion granting the variance, must be construed in connection with, and limited by, the request of the applicant, including all diagrams, plats, pictures and surveys submitted to this Board before and during the public hearing on the variance application.
|Click link below to download the meeting agenda information packet. Open the downloaded file in Adobe Acrobat® to access bookmark and document word search features.|
|Agenda packet |