With only 2% of its land area developed for commercial uses and being surrounded by other cities with numerous shopping opportunities, Mountain Brook strives to accommodate the needs of its business community. The City actively supports its local Chamber of Commerce in its efforts to promote business activity. The City has updated its commercial districts and provides ongoing beautification services to invite shoppers. The City continues to expand its e-government services to make doing business in the City easier for the business community. Business operators are invited to contact the City or Chamber for more information or questions.
Any goods bought and sold in Mountain Brook are taxed by the State at 4%, the County at 2%, and Mountain Brook 3% for a total of 9%. This is a very competitive and comparable City tax structure.
- A step by step guide to opening a business in Mountain Brook
- A step-by-step guide for using online services
- Business Application
- Home Occupation Application
- Blank Tax Return
- Contractor Surety Bond
- Door-to-Door Solicitation Application
- Garage Sale Permit Application - the cost for a garage sale permit is $20.00
- Event Permit Application
- Affidavit of Claim